ORLANDO, Florida – Master Craftsman Bob Vokey’s “most favorite” grind – the M Grind – is now available in 50°, 52° and 54° lofts through the new Vokey WedgeWorks M Grind Collection.
Previously only available on Vokey Design SM8 sand and lob wedges (56º-62º), the M Grind is designed for players that like to rotate the club face open and closed to manufacture shots around the green:
- The M grind is a medium-bounce wedge featuring a full crescent heel, toe and trailing edge sole grind and is for players looking for a versatile gap wedge playing in firm, sandy conditions.
- The grind is ideal for players with a shallower, more sweeping swing type who play shots with a variety of club face positions.
- It is a great option for players playing a two-wedge setup (52º/58º).
- The M Grind is currently played on tour by Cameron Smith, Patrick Cantlayand Charles Howell III.
“The grind in the back allows you to open up the wedge and get under the ball a little easier, while the front of the wedge allows you to get out and produce that lower, stronger ball flight,” said Aaron Dill, Vokey Tour Representative.
This collection is available for custom order in golf shops and through Vokey.com in 50°, 52° and 54° lofts (right hand only) in the tour-preferred Raw finish.
The M Grind is one of Vokey’s six tour-proven sole grinds available in the current SM8 line, each resulting from years working with the best players in the world to develop wedges that best fit their swing type and course conditions. The collaborative process continues today on worldwide tours and remains the foundation of the Vokey wedge design process.
WedgeWorks M Grind wedges are designed with the same advanced technologies that have made Vokey Design SM8 wedges the #1 wedge on tour:
- Reimagined Progressive CG is pushed forward from the face for increased MOI – producing improved distance and trajectory control, better feel and a club face that simply wants to square up at impact for more consistent results. To achieve this in the M Grind and all SM8 lob wedges, Vokey’s team lengthened the hosels and counterbalanced that weight with high-density tungsten low in the toe.
- 100% Inspected Spin Milled Grooves are cut with a level of precision that is unique by finish, producing maximum spin and shot control. Micro-grooves are individually cut in between grooves, which maximize spin on partial shots. A proprietary heat treatment is applied to the impact area to double the durability of the groove without impacting feel – making it the most durable groove in golf.
ADVANCED PERSONALIZATION AND CUSTOM OPTIONS
Consistent with SM8, the M Grind features a modern, clean look, which also provides a big canvas for customization. Inspired by Aaron Dill (@VokeyWedgeRep), the WedgeWorks custom options are expanded to include:
- Six unique toe engravings;
- Expanded stamping options: 10-character Straight/Freestyle; 15 characters around toe; 5-character staircase style;
- Custom paint-filled Loft and Grind markings and BV Wings logo.
- Hand Grinds: Raw finishes can be hand ground to exact specs, including both performance grinds and profile adjustments – a true tour van experience.
SM8 wedges can also be custom ordered with an industry-leading selection of shafts, grips, shaft bands and ferrules. For a complete list of options, visit Vokey.com.
LOFTS, FINISHES & AVAILABILITY
The M Grind Collection will be available for custom order in golf shops and on Vokey.com in 50º, 52º and 54º lofts in a Raw finish. RH only. Price ($199) includes custom stamping, custom ferrule and custom shaft band.