Callaway Golf has brought to market a Black Plasma PVD finish model of the Apex 21 irons targeted for play by better golfers looking for a distance category iron.
Fast Facts Callaway Apex Black Irons
- Better-player distance category
- Forged 1025 steel body
- Cavity back
- A.I. designed Flash Face Cup
- Tungsten weighting
- Interior urethane microspheres
- Stock shafts: True Temper Elevate, UST Recoil Dart Black 75
- Stock grip: Golf Pride Z Grip Soft (Black)
- Available at retail on Sept. 9, 2022
- $215 each steel shaft
- $229.28 for graphite shaft
Apex has been Callaway’s better-players distance model for several years and they have now added a version with a good-looking black plasma finish of PVD. The good news is all their custom steel shafts are available without an upcharge, however graphite shaft options may be ordered at their standard upcharges.
The preceding Apex model with a chrome finish has a price of $185 each or $30 less than the Black Plasma PVD.