Bridgestone Golf, the #1 Ball-Fitter in Golf, announced today that in 2018 its TOUR Team achieved the most victories in one calendar year in company history. In addition, Bridgestone Golf had more wins per Tour Team member than any other golf ball company.
Bridgestone’s hallmark Tour year totaled an incredible 8 PGA TOUR wins with just 4 staff players. Of the 8 victories, 7 were won with Bridgestone’s acclaimed TOUR B X Golf ball. The exceptional win for the TOUR B XS came in perhaps the most exciting and anticipated win of the season, marking Tiger Woods return to the winner’s circle at the season-ending TOUR Championship. The final win of the year gave Bridgestone its 2nd season-ending championship, when Lexi Thompson relied on the TOUR B X in her triumph at the 2018 CME Group Tour Championship.
Bridgestone’s TOUR B X and TOUR B XS are designed for players with greater than 105 mph driver swing speeds. Both the X and XS were softened over their predecessors and provide more spin and greenside control due to their softer urethane cover formulation, while increased distance comes from enhanced aerodynamics and an improved 330 Dual Dimple design. The X is for those players looking for more power and ball speed off the tee, while the XS provides extra spin control and slightly softer feel greenside, while still maintaining low driver spin off the tee.
Below is a rundown of the Bridgestone Tour Team’s wins and noteworthy achievements in 2018:
- Winner of Waste Management Phoenix Open uses TOUR B X (Feb. 1-4, 2018)
- Bryson DeChambeau wins The Memorial Tournament using TOUR B X (May 31- June 3, 2018)
- Brandt Snedeker wins Wyndham Championship using TOUR B X while also shooting first career 59 in the opening round (Aug. 16-19, 2018)
- Bryson DeChambeau wins THE NORTHERN TRUST using TOUR B X (Aug. 23-26, 2018)
- Bryson DeChambeau goes back-to-back winning the Dell Technologies Championship with TOUR B X (Aug. 31-Sep. 3, 2018)
- Tiger Woods Completes One of the Greatest Comebacks in Golf History winning the TOUR Championship with TOUR B XS (Sep. 20-23, 2018)
- Bridgestone balls win 3 out of 4 FedEx Cup Playoff Events
- Bryson DeChambeau wins Shriners for Hospitals for Children Open using TOUR B X (Nov. 1-4, 2018)
- Matt Kuchar wins Mayakoba Golf Classic using TOUR B X (Nov. 8-11, 2018)
- Lexi Thompson wins CME Group Tour Championship using TOUR B X (Nov. 15-18, 2018)
“By any measure our Tour Team had a phenomenal year in 2018,” said Dan Murphy, Bridgestone Golf President & CEO. “At Bridgestone Golf our Tour Team strategy is one based on quality not quantity. By achieving more wins per capita, per player, than any other company this year, we have demonstrated that our technology and performance is second to none and our stable of players is best-in-class in the game.”
The TOUR B series balls that were used to achieve 9 total professional wins in 2018 are a result of Bridgestone’s continued commitment to providing premium tee-to-green performance to players of varying swing types. Bridgestone owns over 800 golf ball patents and fully leverages the company’s heritage of excellence in polymer science worldwide to design the industry’s most cutting-edge golf balls.
For more information on the Bridgestone Golf Tour Team, the company’s entire offering of golf balls and help selecting the right ball for you, visit bridgestonegolf.com.
About Bridgestone Golf
Based in Covington, GA, Bridgestone Golf USA manufactures premium golf balls, clubs and accessories under the Bridgestone and Precept brands. The company started making golf balls in 1935 and today has more golf ball design patents than any other company. Beginning in 2006, Bridgestone revolutionized golf ball selection with its custom ball-fitting program, identifying a golfer’s ideal golf ball based on personal swing characteristics. Today, as the #1 Ball-Fitter in Golf, Bridgestone has conducted over 2.1 million fittings via a combination of live-fitting, online selection and its B-FIT App. The consumer data gathered from ball-fitting continues to inspire Bridgestone’s innovative new golf ball designs, yielding industry-leading performance products for the entire range of players, from recreational golfers to the best in the world. Bridgestone Golf is proudly represented on international professional tours by icons such as Tiger Woods, Fred Couples, Matt Kuchar, Bryson DeChambeau and Lexi Thompson. Bridgestone Golf USA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bridgestone Sports Co. Ltd., headquartered in Tokyo. More information: bridgestonegolf.com.