The Georgia Golf & Travel Awards program was promoted all over the USA and Canada from June to November. The average age from each entry was 48. Men made up 66% of the signups and women 34%. The participants were asked 13 questions about their Favorite Golf Travel in Georgia.
Georgia Golf & Travel Founder, Doug Hollandsworth commented, “We are very pleased with our 1st Annual Georgia Golf & Travel Awards. We heard from travelers and golfers from 20 States and Canada and we were very pleased with the response of signups over the 6 months and especially their comments about golf and fun things to do here in Georgia,” “We got some great remarks about how glad that they are to hear about places to go visit here in Georgia and had they had no idea how much great golf there was in Georgia.”
Each month, Georgia Golf & Travel randomly picked one person to be the winner for that month and they received Bridgestone Golf Balls as well as Georgia State Park Goodie Bags.
The 2nd Annual Georgia Golf & Travel Awards will begin in June 2019.
Listed below are the Top Picks in each category:
- Favorite Golf Course – Brasstown Valley Resort
- Best Par 3 – #10 Lakeview Golf Course, Callaway Resort & Gardens
- Best Par 4 – #11 Wallace Adams Golf Course, Little Ocmulgee State Park
- Best Par 5 – #16 Arrowhead Pointe Golf Course Richard B. Russell State
- Favorite Hotel/Lodge/Inn or Cottage – Callaway Resort & Gardens
- Favorite Resort – The Westin Savannah Harbor
- Favorite Restaurant – The Wharf, Jekyll Island Club Resort
- Favorite State Park – Amicalola Falls
- Favorite Attraction in Georgia – Stone Mountain Park
- Best Value for Golf Travel in Georgia – Georgia State Parks
- Favorite 19th Hole – Echo, King & Prince Beach and Golf Resort
- Favorite Place to hold meetings – Chateau Elan Winery & Resort
- Favorite City to visit in Georgia – Savannah