Launched in 2017, the Bahamas Great Abaco Classic is one of the season-opening events on the Web.com Tour which is “The Path to the PGA TOUR” with all 50 available PGA TOUR cards at stake. Web.com Tour alumni have won more than 425 PGA TOUR titles, including 21 majors and five PLAYERS Championships.
Join British Open Winner and European Ryder Cup Team Captain Darren Clarke at the exclusive Abaco Club on Winding Bay for the official Great Abaco Classic Pro-Am on Jan. 17-21, 2018. The package includes premium accommodations for four nights, two full days of golf (two Pro-Am tournaments), nightly VIP functions and fishing the flats with the world renown Black Fly Lodge in Abaco.
Spend this January in one of the most exotic locations in the Caribbean playing alongside friends, colleagues, Web.com Tour professionals and a golf legend.
Schedule of Events
WEDNESDAY, JAN. 17
- Arrival into Marsh HarbourAirport (MHH) and check-in at The Abaco Club (transportation provided)
- 6:00 –8:00 PM: Cocktail hour beachside at the Flippers
THURSDAY, JAN. 18
- 10:00 –12:00 PM: Pro-Am check-in and lunch at The Abaco Club
- 12:00 –5:00 PM: Pro-Am #1 shotgun start –compete with your team and a Web.com Tour professional
- 6:00 –8:00 PM: VIP Awards and Pairings Party hosted by The Abaco Club (dinner provided)
FRIDAY, JAN. 19
- 12:30 –4:30 PM: Fishing tournament provided by Black Fly Lodge; fish the flats for elusive bonefish or head out for blue water for marlin, tuna and mahimahi
SATURDAY, JAN. 20
- 10:30 –11:30 AM: VIP Golf Clinic with 2011 British Open champion Darren Clarke prior to the second Pro-Am with lunch to follow
- 12:00 –5:00 PM: Pro-Am #2 shotgun start –compete with your team and a different Web.com Tour professional
- 6:00 –8:00 PM: VIP Awards hosted by The Abaco Club (dinner provided)
SUNDAY, JAN. 21
- 7:30 AM: Bahamas Great Abaco Classic First Round begins
- Morning departure to airport for Pro-Am participants
THE ABACO CLUB ON WINDING BAY
The Abaco Club on Winding Bay was created to be a rare kind of community: a tropical paradise where club members, homeowners and visitors can escape the rigors of everyday life and relax, recreate, and rejuvenate in a setting so beautiful as to defy description. A true sporting club, The Abaco Club offers a world of wonders including the #1 golf course in The Bahamas, a spa and fitness facility, water sports, tennis courts, gourmet dining and the club’s crown jewel—an incomprehensibly beautiful, 2-mile, powder-soft beach that serves as the gateway to the tranquil waters of Winding Bay.
Pro-Am participants will be receive accommodations in a four-bedroom cottage (house) at The Abaco Club.
For more information visit: http://greatabacoclassic.com