PGA TOUR SUPERSTORE expands sponsorship of the National Father & Son Team Classic to include Family Golf Week
The National Father & Son Team Classic announced that national golf retailer, PGA TOUR Superstore, will serve as their title sponsor for the new Family Golf Week. Beginning with the 18th annual National Father & Son Team Classic, Family Golf Week will also include the National Father & Daughter Team Classic and the National Mother & Daughter Team Classic.
As a the largest Father/Son event in the world, the Father & Son Team Classic has always placed an emphasis on family bonds and particularly those created through memorable events and fun competition, specifically, golf. Based upon the feedback from many participants over the years, there is a strong consensus of the need to include daughters. Therefore, the tournament committee for the Father & Son Team Classic has announced two additional golf tournaments to be held concurrently with the Father & Son Team Classic; (1) the Father & Daughter Team Classic and (2) the Mother & Daughter Team Classic.
While the three-day Father & Son Team Classic will be held July 15 – 18, 2015, the Father & Daughter and Mother & Daughter Team Classics will be held July 15 – 17, 2015 as a two-day competition. Participants for all three events will basically share the same schedule of events to include tournament registration, the Family Affair featuring Demo Alley and format of play for the first two rounds. The awards ceremony, however, will be held separately and immediately following the second round for the Father/Mother & Daughter tournament and following the third round for the Father & Son tournament.
A new website for the Father/Mother & Daughter Team Classic, www.familygolfweek.com, has been created to allow visitors to sign up for the event through an online registration as well as review information related to the schedule of events, tournament format, the various sponsors, Myrtle Beach accommodations, restaurants and entertainment and more.
Through the foundation of their corporate headquarters, the Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation, PGA TOUR Superstore promotes positive change in peoples’ lives and builds and enhances the communities in which they live. They seek innovative solutions that enable young people, families and communities to achieve results beyond what seems possible today. Through the Father & Son Team Classic the goal of this mission is attainable because of those family values and life-long memories created through the tremendous experience garnered through friendly, competitive play.
As part of their sponsorship, PGA TOUR Superstore will host the tournament registration for the 900+ players in their Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach store locations as well as provide tournament tee gifts that consist of a $150 gift certificate for each Father & Son tournament participant, a $50 gift certificate for each Father/Mother & Daughter tournament participant, a tournament golf shirt and headwear.
“We are so pleased to have the PGA TOUR Superstore expand their sponsorship of the Father & Son to include our new initiative with Family Golf Week. This truly speaks volumes as to their support of this annual event and commitment to golf in Myrtle Beach,” said Father & Son Team Classic director of operations Brad Greenstein. “Additionally, PGA TOUR Superstore has truly stepped up to the plate and will be delivering an outstanding tee package for our teams. Their reputation as ‘quality people’ is well established nationwide and we are proud to further our partnership with PGA TOUR Superstore and look forward to welcoming our previous and new participants in July 2015.”
Ralph Stokes, director of partnership marketing for PGA TOUR Superstore, stated the national retail operation was excited to be partnering with the tournament given its global high-quality operation and reputation, its importance to the overall golf industry as well as the economic impact to the local Myrtle Beach area community.
About the Family Golf Week
- Family Golf Week’s 2015 tournament headquarters will be located at Legends Golf & Resort. After three years of hosting headquarters at Barefoot Resort, this relocation was deemed necessary after Barefoot announced their intention to build a hotel complex on the vacant property where the scoreboard is located and special events are held throughout the weekend of the annual Father & Son Team Classic.
- Legends Golf & Resort was selected as host of the tournament headquarters for a number of reasons. According to Brad Greenstein, tournament director for the Father & Son Team Classic, Legends Golf & Resort has been a golf course participant for many years. Each of the three golf courses at the Legends has hosted tournament play through a scheduled rotation. Heathland, Moorland and Parkland at the Legends Golf & Resort are highly requested and recognized golf courses and host tens of thousands of golf rounds annually. In fact, the Legends was recently recognized as the 2014 “Golf Course of the Year” by the Myrtle Beach Golf Course Owners Association.
- Additionally, for the convenience of tournament participants, the Legends Golf & Resort is more centrally located. Considering the locations of the nine host golf course facilities extends from Murrells Inlet, SC to Shallotte, NC, having tournament headquarters situated within the central Myrtle Beach area is more conducive to tournaments players traveling from their lodging facility to their daily golf course locations and then to tournament headquarters for various scheduled activities and meal options.
- National Father & Son Team Classic: The 2015 tournament host sites include Shaftesbury Glen, Thistle Golf Club, West Course at Myrtle Beach National, Grande Dunes Resort Course, Fazio Course at Barefoot Resort, Moorland Course at Legends Resort, Prestwick Country Club, Rivers Edge and Tiger’s Eye at Ocean Ridge Plantation. For more information, visit www.FatherSonGolf.com.
- Father & Daughter Team Classic as well as the Mother & Daughter Team Classic: The 2015 tournament host sites include Arrowhead Country Club, World Tour Golf Links, Sandpiper Bay and one more course that has not yet been named. For more information, visit www.MotherDaughterGolf.com and www.FatherDaughterGolf.com.
- With the increase in the number of military families participating in this annual event, the tournament committee elected to honor the brave personnel of the U.S. armed forces by partnering with the Folds of Honor Foundation. With this partnership, the Folds of Honor Foundation will be able to further their dedication to supporting military families across the country by providing educational opportunities to children and spouses of wounded and fallen heroes who have sacrificed so much by defending the freedom of this nation.
About the PGA TOUR Superstore
PGA TOUR Superstore is operated by Golf & Tennis Pro Shop, Inc., headquartered in Roswell, GA, and is a majority-controlled subsidiary of AMB Group, LLC.
As the PGA TOUR’s exclusive off-course/off-airport retail partner, PGA TOUR Superstore provides customers with access to the same technology and expertise that card-carrying TOUR Pros use each week in the TOUR Vans that accompany them. All stores are staffed with teaching professionals and have multiple state-of-the-art swing simulators, practice hitting bays and a putting green. There is also an in-house clubmaking and repair facility. Many stores are equipped with a full-size tennis court available for rent and on-site demos. Along with equipment and accessories, PGA TOUR Superstore has an unmatched selection of men’s, women’s and juniors’ apparel and footwear for golf and tennis.
PGA TOUR Superstore’s e-Commerce website and direct-to-consumer fulfillment also offers the widest assortment of golf and tennis equipment and apparel online. PGATOURSuperstore.com is the PGA TOUR’s exclusive online retail partner, accessible through the Shop link on the TOUR’s website and mobile applications.
Current PGA TOUR Superstore locations include: Myrtle Beach, SC area (Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach), Atlanta, GA area (Duluth, Kennesaw, Roswell), Phoenix, AZ area (Chandler, Scottsdale), Dallas, TX area (two Plano locations), Denver, CO area (Greenwood Village), Chicago, IL area (Downers Grove, Schaumburg), Paramus, NJ, Naples, Delray Beach and Orlando, FL , East Palo Alto and Palm Desert, CA, Irvine, CA and Westbury, NY.
For more information, visit www.PGATourSuperstore.com
About the Folds of Honor Foundation
The Folds of Honor Foundation was founded in 2007 by Major Dan Rooney, a former F-16 pilot, golf course owner, PGA Professional and USGA member.
More than 700,000 soldiers have been killed or disabled in the military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan–Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom, and Operation New Dawn. These service members’ families exceed the national average of 2.5 dependents per household. As of January 1, 2012, more than one million dependents have been adversely affected by multiple deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. More than 87% of the dependents affected by the recent wars do not qualify for federal scholarship assistance. While the federal government provides some support for these families, it cannot succeed alone without proactive civilian organizations to assist.
The need is great, and, to paraphrase the words of Patrick Henry, their battle is ours. As Americans, there is a collective duty to honor those who have sacrificed by serving the families they leave behind. The Folds of Honor Foundation is rallying a nation to ensure no family is left behind in the fight to preserve American freedom. Through scholarships and other assistance, the Folds of Honor Foundation gives back to the spouses and children of soldiers killed or disabled in service to our country. They provide healing, hope and an opportunity for dreams to be realized.
For more information, visit www.FoldsOfHonor.org.