CHAMP/MacNeill Engineering Worldwide – The World Leader in Sport Cleat Technology® and maker of innovative CHAMP spikes, high-performance golf tees and accessories –has unveiled five grip models, the new Helix spike and the FLIX Pro Divot Tool at the PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando, FL.
Extensive research and development led to the creation of four “full swing” grip options – C2, C4, C6 and C8 – and the C1 putter grip. Each is designed with a strong emphasis on technical innovation and game-improving performance, while incorporating attractive designs and colors.
CHAMP’s new Helix cleat is engineered with a special green-friendly spiral design to minimize spike marks. It provides incredible stability and traction, while using advanced materials for maximum durability. The #1 Brand on Tour®, CHAMP spikes were used by winners in more than 50 events worldwide in 2013.
Harris MacNeill, President and CEO of CHAMP/MacNeill Engineering Worldwide, stated. “We have grown so much in recent years and our entire global staff is excited about releasing the new grips and adding to the other categories that have been the hallmark of our business.”
Also new for 2014 is the latest generation of the FLIX Divot Repair instrument, offered under the FLIX Pro moniker. While it shares the same design and structural strength of the original, the “Pro” model features a high-end aluminum and is available in three stunning new colors – silver, black and red. It includes a magnetically attached ball-marker that can be customized to highlight company, club or event logos and names.
Details on the CHAMP grips include:
- C8 ($15.99) – Most advanced technology and highest grade materials, including a new optimum feel Thermoplastic Olefin (TPO) compound infused with Kevlar® for unmatched torque control and incredible wear resistance. Anti-shock layer and tacky texture combine to create excellent feel and comfort in all weather conditions.
- C6 ($9.99) – Two-tone rubber grip available in non-cord, half-cord and full-cord options, designed with extra support to dampen vibration and provide repeatable performance in all weather conditions.
- C4 ($5.99) – All rubber grip with unique diamond and curve design that delivers optimal control and feel, while a convenient hand position guide makes it an all-around winner for players of all skill levels.
- C2 ($3.99) – Features CHAMP’s diamond design pattern for comfort and control. An excellent replacement grip at a value price.
- C1 – Made from a super soft, super lightweight and great feeling polyurethane material, this distinctive putter grip incorporates a flat front design and diamond pattern for unmatched control on the greens. Offered in three sizes – small, medium and large.
With more than 100 active distributors, CHAMP is the world’s largest manufacturer of replaceable spikes. The company produces more than 140 million spikes annually and is the dominant global brand in football, soccer, golf, baseball, cricket, rugby and other sports.
For more information: www.champgolf.com, 1-800-OK-CHAMP.
About CHAMP/MacNeill Engineering Worldwide
Celebrating more than 80 years of unparalleled engineering innovations, CHAMP/MacNeill Engineering Worldwide has been a pioneer in spike technology since it introduced the world’s first locking spike, SURE-LOK. The world’s largest manufacturer of replacement spikes specific to various sports, the company has produced several industry-changing systems under the CHAMP brand and has become the #1 choice of Tour golfers. Along with its signature Zarma® and ScorpionSTINGER™ spikes, the high-performance Zarma FLYtee™ was introduced in early 2011. With distribution in more than 100 countries, CHAMP/MacNeill is headquartered in Marlborough, MA, with offices in Europe and Asia.